Back to the ’90s: Women can’t get enough of this hair tool from Amazon that gives them the ‘retro locks of dreams’ – but kids should steer clear
- A woman revealed the secret to achieving the viral bejewelled ’90s hairstyle
- Sophie Murray shared a video of her using the Blinger ($34.99) from Amazon
- She simply stamped the gems all over her hair, using the tool like a stapler
- But mums warn the gems are a choking hazard and may get stuck in ear canals
A woman has revealed the secret to achieving the viral ’90s hair’ look with the help of a hair styling tool from Amazon.
‘Look at how fun this is,’ she said. ‘I’m going to a festival, and I’m stamping gems into my hair.’
Scroll down for video
Sophie Murray, from England, shared a video of her using the ‘Blinger’ tool on TikTok and went viral – receiving over 8.3 million views and almost ten thousand comments
She added, ‘I’ve already stamped on so many – but this looks so great!’
The video showed Sophie using the Blinger tool to stamp gems into her hair like a stapler attaching a few sheets of paper together.
The tool comes with eighty gems included in fifteen different colours.
Sophie said that the gems are extremely easy to remove – and can merely be picked off like a sticker.
A woman has revealed the secret to achieving the viral ’90s hair’ look with the help of a hair styling tool from Amazon
Hundreds of people fondly remembered the trend from the 1990s and commented on the circular nature of fashion.
‘Everything from the ’90s is really coming back as an original idea,’ said one woman.
‘I am so glad that I’m finally old enough to afford and buy all the things I wanted as a little girl,’ said another.
‘I begged my parents for this and they never relented … and now thirty years later I can finally do it!’
The Blinger tool ($34.99) comes with eighty gems included in fifteen different colours
But many warned that the tool was not a toy and could be hazardous for children.
‘Mums – beware,’ wrote one mum. ‘Do you let your kids play with this, a gem got stuck in my little one’s ear and I had to rush him to the emergency room because it wouldn’t come out.’
‘They’re definitely dangerous,’ added another. ‘My sister used to chew on her hair as a child and she nearly choked on some of the gems.’