Ziggurat Interactive will release enhanced versions of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2, respectively titled BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut for PC via Steam (1, 2) and GOG (1, 2) on November 20, the publisher announced.
All current owners of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 on Steam and GOG will receive BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut for free.
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160).
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing.
- Upscaled cinematic videos.
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support).
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data.
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures.
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows.
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne – Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2 – Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- Optimized for Windows 10.
“The response was tremendous when we announced that we had taken over stewardship of the BloodRayne series,” said Ziggurat Interactive president Wade Rosen in a press release. “Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we’re excited to show off the great work that’s been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles.”
Here is an overview of the series, via Ziggurat Interactive:
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.
Watch a trailer for BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut below.