It’s been a few months since Ziggurat Interactive first announced their acquisition of the BloodRayne license, so you know what that means. Today, Ziggurat announced that not only is BloodRayne receiving an enhanced PC version to take advantage of modern hardware, but so is its sequel.
BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut will not only have added support for higher resolutions, upscaled cinematics and more, but the games themselves will be free via Steam and GOG.com for anyone who already owns a Steam/GOG copy of the original BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2.
“The response was tremendous when we announced that we had taken over stewardship of the BloodRayne series,” said Wade Rosen, President of Ziggurat Interactive. “Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we’re excited to show off the great work that’s been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles.”
Here’s a full list of the enhancements:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
- BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Optimized for Windows 10