Boy, 4, is taken to hospital after he burns his foot on a beach BBQ during June heatwave


Boy, 4, is taken to hospital after he burns his foot on a beach BBQ during June heatwave

  • Four-year-old Ezekial Long injured his foot on a discarded beach barbeque
  • He was rushed to hospital to treat his wounds but will need to return for more 
  • His mother is calling for more beachgoers to ensure all fires are completely out

A mother has warned other parents of the danger of beach barbeques after her son burned his feet.

Ezekiel Long, 4 was taken to hospital after stepping on scorching hot sand while playing last weekend at Grebe Beach, near Falmouth in Cornwall. 

Kerensa Long, his mother said: ‘As it’s that time of year, I just want to send a message to people to clear up and make sure it’s safe before they leave.

Four-year-old Ezekial Long was not aware of the dangers of discarded beach barbeques

Four-year-old Ezekial Long was not aware of the dangers of discarded beach barbeques

‘Take the barbecue home or wash it in the water first.

‘It’s irresponsible and it can have a big impact.’

She is asking beachgoers to ensure any fires are completely out, to dampen them down with sea water or clearly mark them with stones.

The boys injuries require multiple trips to the hospital to treat the sole of his feet

The boys injuries require multiple trips to the hospital to treat the sole of his feet

According to Grimsby Live there was no evidence there had been a fire on the patch of sand where the boy injured his foot.

Ezekiel was immediately taken to hospital for treatment and he is going back to have skin cut from the sole of his foot. 

Ms Long said she felt the issue was even more important as there could be young children crawling on the beach who are unable to lift themselves from burning sand.

Source

Related posts