Childcare worker, 39, charged with child abuse for allegedly slapping a toddler, force-feeding baby

Sponsored Video
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

A childcare worker has been charged with abusing five toddlers under three years old, one so badly they lost consciousness and was rushed to hospital.

Rupinder Kaur, 39, faced Perth Magistrates court on Tuesday over five alleged abuses that took place in 2018 and 2019.

Kaur was reported to Western Australian Police by a childcare centre in August over an incident involving two three-year-old children.

Rupinder Kaur (pictured), 39, faced Perth Magistrates court on Tuesday over five alleged incidents that took place in 2018 and 2019

Rupinder Kaur (pictured), 39, faced Perth Magistrates court on Tuesday over five alleged incidents that took place in 2018 and 2019

Kaur was reported to Western Australia Police by a child care centre in August over an incident involving two three-year-old children

Kaur was reported to Western Australia Police by a child care centre in August over an incident involving two three-year-old children

Both children were allegedly, one after the other, grabbed by the arm and dragged, and one hitting their head on a dressing table.

She was stood down and investigating officers later discovered there were three earlier alleged incidents dating back to 2018.

Those incidents happened at the same childcare centre but weren’t reported to WA Police at the time. 

In November 2019, Ms Kaur allegedly got angry and while yelling and swearing at management, grabbed a three-year-old child by their arm and dragged them from one room to another.

In July that year she allegedly fed a 10-month old child in an ‘aggressive and unsafe manner’, causing the child to temporarily lose consciousness.

The child was taken to Perth Children’s Hospital and later recovered.

In November 2018, it’s alleged Ms Kaur slapped a two-year-old child across the face.

She was stood down and investigating officers later discovered there had been three earlier alleged incidents dating back to 2018

She was stood down and investigating officers later discovered there had been three earlier alleged incidents dating back to 2018

Police prosecutors argued the Karawara woman should surrender her passport as there were fears she would leave the state now WA’s borders were being loosened.

The police prosecutor said Ms Kaur had no ties to WA before 2011, The West Australian reported.

Ms Kaur’s defence lawyer said both her children and husband were based in Perth, and she had no intention to leave in the near future.

Magistrate Andrew Matthews told her to surrender her passport and hand in her Working With Children’s Card. 

Ms Kaur will appear in court again in December.

Source


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Related posts

Leave a Comment