Elon Musk’s son Xavier, 18, files petition to change GENDER to become woman called Vivian Jenna Wilson and says it’s because: ‘I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form’
- Musk, 50, had seven children with his first wife, Canadian author Justine Wilson, who he was married to from 2000 to 2008
- Their first child, son Nevada Alexander Musk, was born in 2002 and died of sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS, at only 10 weeks
- Musk and Wilson then had twin sons Xavier and Griffin, now 18; and triplet sons, Kai, Saxon, and Damian, now 16, all born via IVF
- Musk and Canadian singer Grimes began dating in May 2018, and in May 2020 she gave birth to their son, X AE A-XII, known as X
- In December 2021 Grimes and Musk’s second child was born via surrogate – a daughter Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, known as Y
- In April Xavier filed court documents to change gender and be known henceforth as Vivian Jenna Wilson, ditching the Musk family name
- The hearing on the name change is set for Friday before a judge in Santa Monica, California
Elon Musk‘s eldest child has filed court documents seeking to legally change their gender from male to female and lose his last name, stating: ‘I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form.’
Xavier Musk, 18, filed the paperwork in Santa Monica, California, on April 18, seeking to be known as Vivian Jenna Wilson – taking their mother’s last name.
Musk was married to Vivian’s mother, Canadian author Justine Wilson, from 2008.
She gave birth to a son, Nevada, in 2002 who died after 10 days of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
She then had twin sons – Xavier and Griffin – and triplet boys: Damian, Kai and Saxon, now 16.
Elon Musk and his second wife, British actress Talulah Riley, are pictured in 2015 with Xavier and Griffin. The twins are now 18
Musk has been publicly disowned by his oldest child, who no longer wishes to be associated with him ‘in any way, shape or form’
Musk and Justine Wilson, mother of his five teenagers, are pictured in an undated photo. The pair were together from 2000 to 2008
The five teenage boys have kept a fairly low profile, despite their father having joint custody.
It is unclear what is behind Vivian’s rejection of her father, in such a public way.
Musk, 50, has been criticized in recent months for comments which many felt were transphobic.
He complained about people using their own pronouns, leading Chasten Buttigieg – the husband of Pete Buttigieg, transport secretary – to reply: ‘I hear your frustration, sweetie. See me after class and we can go over the worksheet again.’
He said he was a fan of Florida governor Ron DeSantis, who has been condemned by the LGBTQ community for his so-called ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill, which prevents discussion of gender identity and homosexuality in classrooms of young children.
Last week, in response to an article discussing whether the question ‘What is a woman’ was legitimate, Musk tweeted: ‘We are simultaneously being told that gender differences do not exist and that genders are so profoundly different that irreversible surgery is the only option.
‘Perhaps someone wiser than me can explain this dichotomy.’
He then added: ‘It is a better world if we are all less judgy.’
Musk and Grimes with their son X, pictured in March 2021
Grimes (left), mother of two of Musk’s six surviving children, is now said to be dating Chelsea Manning (right)
Musk’s ex-girlfriend, Canadian singer Grimes, 34, is now said to be dating transgender WikiLeaks source Chelsea Manning, 34.
Grimes began dating Musk in May 2018, and in May 2020 she gave birth to their son, X AE A-XII, known as X.
In December 2021 Musk and Grimes welcomed a daughter born via surrogate, Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, known as Y.
In August Grimes and Musk visited Florence, Italy, with at least three of their five teenage sons, but it was not clear if Xavier was among them.
The next court hearing in the case is scheduled for Friday.