Father thrown out by family after hunters caught him sending sexual messages to ‘young girl’ [Video]

Father-of-one is thrown out by his family after paedophile hunters caught him sending sexual messages to ’13-year-old girl’

  • James Caine, 40, sent sexual texts to investigators posing as 13-year-old girl
  • He was asked live on Facebook why he trawled social media for young children
  • Now living in a Travelodge, he was given a 12-months jail suspension for 2 years

A video has emerged that shows a loner blustering in a viral video about having his mobile phone ‘hacked’ as he is confronted live on Facebook about why he had been trawling social media for under-age girls.

Father of one James Caine, 40, was humiliated by paedophile hunters as they quizzed him about sexually charged texts he had been sending to three undercover investigators posing as a 13-year-old girl.

Despite one of the investigators subsequently ringing Caine’s phone to prove they had been messaging Caine engaged in a series of rambling explanations to deny wrongdoing – even when shown an explicit message he sent to the decoy complete with his profile picture.

As the investigators who travelled from Newcastle showed his social media page littered with pictures of scantily clad women and overseas porn models, Caine of Golborne, near Wigan, Greater Manchester, puffed on a cigarette and claimed: ‘I’m not the greatest person but I’m not that bad.’

He insisted: ‘My phone must have been hacked. It must have been cloned. What else can I say? I’ve not done anything wrong. It’s not me. I’m no pervert.’

The video filmed by operatives from the Child Online Safety Team has been viewed 77,000 times.

James Caine, 40, said he was 'not that bad' when confronted by paedophile hunters after they discovered he was looking for young girls on social media

James Caine, 40, said he was ‘not that bad’ when confronted by paedophile hunters after they discovered he was looking for young girls on social media 

It emerged that Caine had been sending explicit messaged to three undercover investigators posing as a 13-year-old girl

It emerged that Caine had been sending explicit messaged to three undercover investigators posing as a 13-year-old girl

Details emerged at Wigan magistrates court as Caine who has since been disowned by his family, finally admitted attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child. 

He was given 12-months jail suspended for two years after revealing he was now living alone in a Travelodge hotel 40 miles away in Crewe.

He was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for ten years and abide by the terms of an indefinite sexual harm prevention order.

Miss Jane Rapin, prosecuting said: ‘On the August 26 this year, the defendant sent a friend request to the account of a ‘Freya Kirk’ which was a decoy account. 

Late in the evening, when she accepted the request the defendant sent her a message saying ‘hey beautiful,’ Freya responded saying that she was 13.

‘The defendant quickly turned the conversation towards a sexual nature, asked her if she touched herself and also asked if she could send pictures of herself to him. 

On October 28, the defendant moved on making plans to meet Freya. 

He messaged her with more photos of his face and genitals and asked if she wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

He also described in detail how they would have sex and said that he would like to cook for her. In his last message, the defendant said how he would like to meet up with Freya and take her for a ride in his car.

The defendant’s messages were posted to the online paedophile hunter’s page and his identity was revealed. The group reported him to the police and on October 30, he was arrested.

Caine's (pictured outside Wigan Magistrates Court) family have since kicked him out of their Warrington home, he now lives in a Travelodge. He was given 12-months jail suspended for two years and was forced to sign the Sex Offenders Register for ten years

Caine’s (pictured outside Wigan Magistrates Court) family have since kicked him out of their Warrington home, he now lives in a Travelodge. He was given 12-months jail suspended for two years and was forced to sign the Sex Offenders Register for ten years

Caine had been using social media apps such as Facebook to find young girls. in August the defendant sent a friend request to the account of a 'Freya Kirk' which was a decoy account created by investigators

Caine had been using social media apps such as Facebook to find young girls. in August the defendant sent a friend request to the account of a ‘Freya Kirk’ which was a decoy account created by investigators

Miss Rapin added: ‘When later questioned at Wigan police station, the defendant claimed his phone had been hacked and that he had not sent the messages. 

‘However, someone known to the defendant came forward and told police that they were with him at the time he sent the messages.

‘He read a prepared statement during the police interview which stated that he ‘I only use social media to connect with people online. I have not met anyone in person and didn’t intend to.’

Caine had a previous conviction dating back to 2012 for burglary with intent to steal. His lawyer Louise Barrow said in mitigation: ‘He did make requests for images from the victim and accepts that he engages with her but has said on several occasions that it was never his intention to meet. He says this because in the message he makes reference to picking her up in a car when he does not even own one.

Miss Rapin said: ‘He says that this suggestion was nothing more than a stupid message he sent when he was drunk.

‘His behaviour was highlighted on the social media page of a paedophile hunter group and this led to a very unpleasant outing, where he and his home address were identified. 

‘He has received a lot of abuse and a result, both of his sisters, with whom he used to live, have disowned him and he now has no fixed abode.

‘He has been back to his former address in Warrington to collect some items but is not welcome there anymore, in fact, last time he attended the address he was badly assaulted. 

‘He now lives in a Travelodge in Crewe and was advised by probation services to stay away from his former area.

‘It is clear that the defendant has a problem with alcohol and this, as well as the recent death of his father, has led to him becoming very isolated. 

‘He has one daughter who he desperately wants to get in contact with again and he has also since quit all social media platforms.

‘Everyone has washed their hands with him and he feels very low, although he does not seek to make any excuses for his actions.’

Caine told the hearing: ‘It was just a stupid thing I did online – am not that way inclined.’ 

He was ordered to complete 30 rehabilitation activity days and a nine-month alcohol treatment monitoring order. 

He was also told to pay £272 in costs and a victim surcharge.

He was placed on the sex offenders register for the next ten years and will have an indefinite sexual harm prevention order imposed against him.

Source

Related posts