Girl, 16, dies after taking pill containing Ecstasy or LSD in nightclub as police arrest boy, 16

Girl, 16, dies after taking pill containing Ecstasy or LSD in nightclub as police arrest boy, 16, for supplying it

  • A 16-year-old girl died after taking a pill that contained an unknown substance 
  • Emergency services were called to Move nightclub in Exeter at 12:30am today 
  • The teenager was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital were she later died 
  • Boy, 16, arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drug 
  • Police believe a number of teens took tablets containing unknown substances

A 16-year-old girl has died after she took a pill containing an unknown substance at an Exeter nightclub. 

Emergency services were called to Move nightclub in the early hours this morning at 12:30am. Devon and Cornwall Police officers believe the pill contained either ecstasy or LSD.

The girl was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where she was pronounced dead. 

A 16-year-old, from the Exmouth area, was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a class A drug and was taken into custody for questioning. He remains in custody at this time. 

Emergency services were called to Move nightclub in Exeter in the early hours of this morning

Emergency services were called to Move nightclub in Exeter in the early hours of this morning 

Police believe a number of teenagers took the tablets containing unknown substances. 

Move nightclub is known for hosting a range of local and international DJs, MCs and rappers. The building, on Exeter Quayside, has played host to well-known artists including Annie Mac, Ed Solo, Wilkinson and Deekline Benny Page. 

Detective Chef Inspector Lee Nattrass said: ‘We have identified several teenagers already who reported that they had taken drugs, but we would urge anyone else who has felt unwell as a result to seek medical help and to contact us.

‘We have seen time and time again that these substances can kill, and we have another tragic case on our hands.

‘Talk To Frank is a website that has vital information for people about many types of drugs and we ask that parents have open and honest conversations with their children about the risks of drugs.

‘You don’t know what they contain and you don’t know the reaction you may have; it could be fatal. I urge anyone considering taking drugs to think twice and reconsider.’

Source

Related posts