Ice cream lover gets VERY nasty surprise after swallowing STAPLE which doctors say cut her throat 

A Queensland woman had to get emergency medical treatment after she tucked into a tub of Baskin-Robbins and claims to have swallowed staples hidden in the sweet treat.

Soldier Jessica Torrens, 22, ordered the ice cream through Uber Eats and had already eaten one staple before she says she found a second in her mouth.

X-rays revealed the first staple was passing through her large bowel after cutting up her throat, while Jessica kept hold of the second one as a memento.

She was eating a tub of Baskin-Robbins and allegedly found staples hidden in the sweet treat. Seen here is an x-ray showing the staple circled in red

Jessica Torrens, 22, ordered the ice cream through Uber Eats and had already swallowed one staple before she says she found a second in her mouth. Seen here is the second staple and the tub of ice cream

Jessica Torrens, 22, ordered the ice cream through Uber Eats and had already swallowed one staple before she says she found a second in her mouth (right)

‘Found some nasty surprises in my ice cream,’ she posted on Facebook alongside a photograph of one staple and her desert plus the x-ray scan of the second staple. 

‘Is this the universe telling me to stop “treating yourself”?’

She added: ‘The one staple that managed to be consumed has missed main areas and only cause small scratches to my throat.

‘Time to lay off the Baskins.’

‘I thought it was really cold and that they’d just frozen their choc chips, then I noticed there was something in my teeth and pulled out a staple,’ Ms Torrens told the Courier-Mail.

Jessica Torrens, pictured, says x-rays revealed the first staple was passing through her large bowel after cutting up her throat

Jessica Torrens, pictured, says x-rays revealed the first staple was passing through her large bowel after cutting up her throat

Jessica Torrens, from Everton Hills in Brisbane, said she had contacted Baskin-Robbins about the incident but they had only offered her more ice cream and apology. Pictured is a tub of Baskin-Robbins ice cream

Jessica Torrens, from Everton Hills in Brisbane, said she had contacted Baskin-Robbins about the incident but they had only offered her more ice cream and apology. Pictured is a tub of Baskin-Robbins ice cream

‘I had a few cuts in my throat. I can still feel a lump in my throat.’ 

Ms Torrens, from Everton Hills in Brisbane, said she had contacted Baskin-Robbins about the incident but they had only offered her more ice cream and apology.

However she said she was concerned about the possible effects the staples might have had on an unwary child if they had swallowed them instead.

She added: ‘I didn’t really want their free ice cream. They just said they could assure me that there would be no more staples.’

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Baskin-Robbins for comment. 

Jessica Torrens, pictured here with her pet dog, was concerned about the possible effects the staples might have had on a child

Jessica Torrens, pictured here with her pet dog, was concerned about the possible effects the staples might have had on a child

Source

Related posts