A shotgun-wielding robber has fled an incident just 30 minutes from the I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! camp.
Police are on the hunt for a man who confronted staff and customers at a service station before firing a gun, in Tweed Valley Way, Murwillumbah.
The man, who was seen on CCTV wearing an orange bucket hat, strode to the counter and shot at the roof before a woman came out from behind the counter and confronted him, according to The Mirror.
The shops’s manager, Kim Hall, told Australian TV station Channel Nine news the man ran out while the woman chased him away.
Nobody was injured, and the man drove away from the scene in a white vehicle Dduring the incident on October 24, but he is still yet to be caught.
Officers from Tweed-Byron Police District have launched an investigation into the incident, which happened on October 24, and are urging anyone with information to come forward.
Police attempted to stop the man as he drove across Murwillumbah but had to terminate pursuit of the vehicle for safety reasons.
The full lineup for the upcoming series of I’m A Celebrity was revealed on Thursday, with soap stars, TV presenters, a retired boxer and a politician named as among the stars heading to the Australian outback.
According to The Sun, 12 celebrities have signed on the dotted line to take part on the new series which premieres on Sunday November 19.
Set to appear alongside Nigel Farage are actress Jamie-Lynn Spears, presenter Josie Gibson, jockey Frankie Dettori, First Dates star Fred Sirieix, Hollyoaks’ Nick Pickard, and EastEnders star Danielle Harold.
Also set to appear are Made In Chelsea’s Sam Thompson, influencer Nella Rose, DJ Marvin Humes and author Grace Dent.
A teaser trailer saw hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly working at a luxury jungle retreat, but ended with the launch date appearing for the first time.
It comes after it was reported that I’m A Celeb bosses are planning a devilish twist to one of their most long-standing trials.
The Sun obtained footage of the crew trialling the Walk The Plank challenge on top of the Focus Building in Surfer’s Paradise.
In the past, the terrifying trial saw the celebrities battle their vertigo as they had to edge down a plank high up in the air, before even making it into the jungle.
But this year it appears the show has amped up the fear factor even further, with the ITV crew members testing the challenge out being seen balancing on a metal pole on all fours.
The anxiety-inducing challenge requires the campmates to cling on tightly as they move forward to reach the stars, while dangling from the 96m tall building.
Even making their way to the pole is scary enough, as the stars must climb down a ladder, while 32 storeys high.
It appears that producers have decided to mix things up to be even scarier and challenging in response to viewers who complained some of the trials had become stale.
A source told The Sun: ‘One thing is immediately clear from the pictures we’ve seen of trial structures so far and now the brand new Focus Building set-up – ITV hasn’t come to play this year.
‘The volume has been well and truly cranked up on every Bushtucker Trial. Everything is on track for a bigger and better series than ever.’