Need to circle something on your iPhone screenshot? Tech expert reveals little-known hack to neatly annotate: ‘This changed my life’
- A tech expert has revealed a little-known handy hack for iPhone screenshots
- Ramal, from Brisbane, explained how to draw perfect shapes on iPhone images
- When editing a screenshot or photo, draw a shape and hold your finger down
- The device will automatically transform the scribble into a perfectly neat shape
- Ramal shared the tip in a TikTok video that has racked up eight million views
An Aussie tech whizz has shared a little-known iPhone hack for annotating screenshots and photos.
‘Why has no one told me about this?’ the 21-year-old said in the clip which has amassed more than eight million views.
Scroll down for video
Tech enthusiast, Ramal, from Brisbane, has wowed millions online after sharing a little-know iPhone hack that helps users draw perfect shapes on screenshots and pictures
‘You know when you take a screenshot on your iPhone and you try to mark something on there but anything you mark looks like complete doggy doo doo because you have the dexterity of a cucumber?’ he asked.
‘Well apparently that’s completely avoidable.’
The tech enthusiast said iPhone users can add shapes to photos by tracing a rough outline and holding your finger down for a moment, before waiting for the device to ‘automatically clean it up’.
‘You can even do the same thing with lines and arrows as well. Hold it down and just like that, so much neater,’ Ramal said.
The function can be found in the editing tools when you take a screenshot as well as the ‘mark up’ option in existing photos.
Ramal said iPhone users can add shapes to photos by tracing a rough outline but holding your finger down for a moment before finishing and the device with ‘automatically clean it up’
How to draw perfect shapes on iPhone screenshots
- Take a screenshot to your desired page on the iPhone. Press the power and volume up key to do so.
- Next tap on the floating thumbnail of the screenshot.
- You can scribble with your desired pen effect and colour by default on the screenshot.
- Now draw a rough circle and one you complete drawing it, continue to tap and hold on the point of completion.
- You will see the rough circle transforming into a perfect one.
- Similarly you can draw arrows, rectangles, smileys, and more and your iPhone will convert them into perfect shapes.
- Remember to draw the shape and once you completed it, hold it down to automatically transform into its perfect version.
Thousands of Ramal’s 364,700 followers were wowed by the simple, ‘life-changing’ trick.
‘Omg… I’ve had an iPhone for eight years and I still learn new tricks and hacks every day,’ one fan wrote.
‘Just tried it, it works omg!’ another said and a third replied: ‘This just changed my life’.
‘It does all shapes too.., including hearts and stars… I didn’t know this,’ a fourth added.
‘It doesn’t work if you take your finger off the drawing before pressing it down. Had to retry to get it right. Good tip,’ another explained.