King Charles WILL ‘close the door’ on Prince Harry if he criticises Camilla in his new book Spare

King Charles WILL ‘close the door’ on Prince Harry if he criticises Camilla in his new book Spare, royal expert says

  • Royals are said to be bracing themselves for the 416-page memoir on January 10
  • Author Phil Dampier believes that the King is determined to stand by his son
  • But if Duke of Sussex is ‘too critical of Camilla’ he will pass the ‘point of no return’

King Charles will ‘close the door’ on Prince Harry if he criticises Camilla in his new book Spare, a royal expert has warned.

Senior royals are said to be bracing themselves for the controversial publication of the 416-page title on January 10. 

Royal author Phil Dampier believes the King is determined to stand by his son, but says there is a ‘red line’.

If the Duke of Sussex is ‘too critical of Camilla’ or ‘places too much blame at Charles’s door’, he will pass the ‘point of no return’.

‘I am sure it is right that Charles will go to great lengths to maintain a relationship with Harry but there is a limit,’ Mr Dampier told The Express

King Charles will 'close the door' on Prince Harry if he criticises Camilla in his new book Spare, a royal expert has warned

King Charles will ‘close the door’ on Prince Harry if he criticises Camilla in his new book Spare, a royal expert has warned

If the Duke of Sussex is 'too critical of Camilla' or 'places too much blame at Charles's door', he will pass the 'point of no return'

If the Duke of Sussex is ‘too critical of Camilla’ or ‘places too much blame at Charles’s door’, he will pass the ‘point of no return’

‘King Charles would pretty much forgive Harry for anything – except dragging Camilla through the mud. 

‘If Harry’s account of his parents’ divorce is too critical of Camilla, or places too much blame at Charles’s door while painting his mother as a saint, that will be the point of no return.

‘At that point what sanctions are on offer? What choice do they have but to say, “OK, you’ve crossed a line here and there is no way back. It’s time to go your own way, but not as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex”.’

Mr Dampier previously argued that Harry and Meghan’s rift with William and Kate will ‘get worse’ now the Queen is gone.

A promotional trailer, which was posted online on the second day of the Prince and Princess of Wales‘ high-profile visit to the US, dispelled any hopes that the Sussexes are declaring a ceasefire in their acrimonious battle with the Royal Family

Mr Dampier said the nature of the advert suggested ‘the rift between the brothers is getting much worse with no reconciliation in sight’.

Senior royals are said to be bracing themselves for the controversial publication of the 416-page title on January 10

Senior royals are said to be bracing themselves for the controversial publication of the 416-page title on January 10

‘Any hopes that they will put aside their differences for the sake of family unity are disappearing fast,’ he wrote in the Express. ‘With [the Queen] gone, the gloves are off.’

Harry and Meghan’s Netflix trailer was released yesterday on the second day of William and Kate’s trip to America. 

As well as including dozens of supposedly private pictures from their family album, the footage features a voiceover from Harry saying gravely, ‘no-one sees what’s happening behind closed doors’ over a black and white picture of his wife on an armchair, apparently crying.

The film then immediately cuts away to a shot focusing on a pinched-looking William and Kate at the 2019 Commonwealth Service in London, with the Sussexes sitting meekly behind them.

It comes after it was reported that Charles told the late Queen ‘I am not a bank’ when asked why he was no longer answering any of Prince Harry‘s calls.

The Prince and Princess of Wales during a visit with Mayor of Boston and Reverend Mariama White-Hammond to Boston Harbour Defences

The Prince and Princess of Wales during a visit with Mayor of Boston and Reverend Mariama White-Hammond to Boston Harbour Defences

The Queen is alleged to have made repeated efforts to reunite the pair ahead of her death in September, when Her Majesty was placed on ‘light duties’ due to reduced mobility.

The prince, who lives in the US with Meghan Markle and their two children, is said to have ‘bombarded’ his grandmother with calls in her final months, but a source told the Sun the Queen was ‘unable and unwilling’ to handle Harry’s requests.

When she then asked Charles why he was not taking Harry’s calls or emails, her son is alleged to have responded: ‘Because I am not a bank.’

The source added: ‘The late Queen was always happy to speak with Harry but when he asked for money she said: “Why don’t you speak to your father?” 

‘Harry told her that Charles wasn’t taking his calls any more.’

Charles had allegedly ‘insisted’ that Harry email him rather than call.

‘Members of the ­family, including William, had stopped speaking to Harry when they learned of his book deal, fearing what they said could end up in print,’ the insider added. ‘Harry is not as well off as people are led to believe. He was wanting money.’ 

Source

Related posts