College dropout, 22, reveals how she’s making $40,000 a month working just 10 hours a week from home in a business ‘anyone can do’ after leaving her ‘soul crushing’ 9-5 job
- 22-year-old Madysen Glynn makes $40,000 a month from dropshipping
- Dropshippers act as the middle man between businesses and customers
- The young American woman works just 10 hours a week for her hefty paycheck
- She has made nearly $1 million since she began dropshipping two years ago
- She started her business with no degree and less than $1,000 in her account
A young woman making $40,000 a month working 10 hours a week on a side-hustle from her laptop claims ‘anyone’ can do it.
Florida-based Madysen Glynn, 22, says she’s made nearly $1million since embarking on dropshipping two years ago after quitting her ‘soul-crushing’ 9-5 job.
Dropshippers act as the ‘middleman’ between a business and a customer by accepting orders without keeping any stock or handling the product.
Maddy set up her now six-figure business with no college degree and ‘less than $1,000 in her bank account’.
Florida-based entrepreneur Madysen Glynn started her lucrative dropshipping business at age 20 with no college degree and less than $1,000 in her bank account
The 22-year-old woman says she now earns $40,000 a month working 10 hours a week from home
Originally from Wisconsin, Maddy said she had a ‘pretty normal high school experience’ but had no idea what she wanted to do when she graduated.
She started a degree in communications, but dropped out of college at age 20 and was working a 9-5 job in real estate when she ‘accidentally’ learned about dropshipping from a YouTube video.
Maddy’s fiance no longer has to work, and she has bought a home close to the beach
By her sixth month, Maddy said she earned $45,000 as a dropshipper. The above screenshot shows her average monthly income of approximately $40,000
‘I was looking into starting my own business as I always had an interest in it,’ the entrepreneur said.
‘I saw that video and I was immediately hooked.’
Within five months of opening her first dropshipping store, she said she earned over $100,000 and was able to quit her day job.
Maddy then earned $45,000 in her sixth month, more than her yearly salary from her old real estate job.
What is dropshipping?
* Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where the dropshipping store front doesn’t actually stock the product it sells
* When a customer buys a product from the dropshipping retailer, the retailer purchases the item from a third party, either the manufacturer, wholesaler or retailer, who then ships it to the customer
* The dropshippers store front acts as the middle-man between customer and manufacturer
* Dropshippers make money by selling the product for more than they pay for it, and having advertisements on their store
* Low start-up and maintenance costs for the business
* Flexible location and working hours
* Offers customers a wide selection of products
* Retailers don’t have to manage inventory
* If your supply line becomes too long profit margins may become lower
* It can be difficult to check stock levels
* Low control over customer experience
* Difficulty with suppliers
Maddy said dropshipping ‘changed everything’ in her life.
Her 26-year-old fiancé no longer has to work, and she has bought a home that’s walking distance from the beach.
She said she now only works two hours a day and spends her time ‘doing things that [she] wants to do and loves doing’.
‘I wake up and usually do a morning walk to the beach, from there I do one to two hours of work on my laptop,’ she said, explaining that this involves responding to customers and arranging shipping.
The entrepreneur said that she spends the rest of the day having lunch with friends and family, going shopping and relaxing.
Maddy said dropshipping is ‘essentially owning an online business without owning stock or packing it’.
Dropsellers set up a storefront on platforms such as Shopify and act as the ‘middle-man’ between customers and businesses.
‘Your job is to market the product and be really good at branding and marketing so people view your website and purchase the product,’ the businesswoman said.
Maddy now works as a full-time dropshipper, as well investing in real estate, and running her own dropshipping course
Her first store was in women’s clothing, and she has since opened stores selling pet goods and home decor.
Dropshippers are not required to keep stock on hand as they only have to purchase a product once someone buys something, which means the start-up costs of a dropselling business are very low.
‘It costs less than $1,000 total to get started,’ Maddy said.
The entrepreneur said dropshipping requires no training or experience.
‘Anyone that’s willing to put in the work and has a creative mindset can do it,’ she said.
Maddy sees people from different backgrounds and all over the world making money from dropshipping.
Dropshippers are often stay-at-home mums, students and full-time workers using it as a side-hustle.
Regarding her plans for the future, the young woman said she would love to continue teaching other people about the business with her ‘million dollar dropshipping’ course that she started four months ago.
‘The way it’s changed my life – I love to help others and see how they change their lives too,’ Maddy said.
Her advice for those hoping to transform their own financial situation was to ‘invest in yourself’ first.
‘Learn as many skills as you can learn outside the typical school system,’ she said.
What are other good remote side hustles for Australians
* Surveys – use the sites ‘Octopus’ and ‘Attapol’
* Market research – use a site like ‘askable’
* Affiliate marketing – this can be done on social media sites such as Instagram
* Reselling your old clothes and other items on sites like Depop or Facebook marketplace
* Selling digital downloads such as budgets or planners, individually or or in bundles to people online
* Make a PDF word search puzzle book on ‘puzzle wiz’ and sell it on Etsy
* Make a digital planner on ‘plr planners’ and sell it on Etsy
* Make a print on ‘Printful’ or template on ‘Canva’ and sell them on Etsy
* Download ‘Sweatcoin’ and get paid to walk
* ‘Google Opinion Rewards’ pays for reviews of google products
* ‘Ibotta’ offers cashback on every purchase made