Pelosi claim of hair salon ‘setup’ is ‘absolutely false,’ business owner says

Sponsored Video
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share

Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day …

Pelosi claim of hair salon ‘setup’ is ‘absolutely false,’ business owner says
The owner of a coronavirus-shuttered San Francisco hair salon visited by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier this week denied as “absolutely false” the Democrat’s claim that she had been the victim of a “setup.”

Speaking Wednesday night on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” ESalonSF owner Erica Kious said Pelosi was serviced by an independent stylist who rents chairs in her salon. Kious said she decided to share the now-viral security camera footage when she saw Pelosi indoors without a mask in what she called a “hurtful” display of hypocrisy amid the deadly pandemic.

Pelosi addressed the backlash earlier in the day, claiming she frequented the salon “over the years many times,” and demanding an apology from the owner “for setting me up.”

“There was no way I could’ve set that up,” Kious fired back. “I’ve had a camera system in there for five years. I mean, I didn’t go in there and turn cameras on as soon as she walked in and set her up. So that is absolutely false.”

Salons in San Francisco had been closed since March and could reopen Tuesday but only for outdoor hairstyling services. Pelosi said it was her understanding coronavirus restrictions allowed for a one-on-one appointment indoors. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.

In other developments:
– Pelosi’s hair stylist claims, through lawyer, that salon owner OK’d Dem’s visit
– Mark Steyn says Pelosi salon trip proves ‘our rulers are not bound by the rules they impose on us’
– Sen. John Kennedy bashes Pelosi for ‘getting her hair washed’ while ‘my people don’t even have water’
– CNN’s Don Lemon calls out Pelosi over salon trip, knocks ‘setup’ claim

Cuomo blasts Trump remarks on big-city crime, claims president would need ‘army’ to safely walk NYC streets
It didn’t take long for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to respond to earlier remarks from President Trump, who threatened to pull federal funding from New York City – as well as Washington, D.C.; Seattle and Portland, Ore. — as part of an effort to target “anarchist jurisdictions.”

“He can’t have enough bodyguards to walk through New York City,” Cuomo said. “Forget bodyguards, he’d better have an army if he thinks he’s going to walk down the streets in New York.

“He is persona non grata in New York City, and I think he knows that, and he’ll never come back to New York, because New Yorkers will never forget how gratuitously mean he has been,” Cuomo added.

Cuomo later clarified he was not threatening the president but rather expressing how disliked he believes Trump is by New Yorkers, according to Politico.

Trump has repeatedly gone after “Democrat cities,” blaming their leadership for the rise of the Black Lives Matter protests that have erupted across the nation since a Black man named George Floyd died May 25 while in police custody in Minneapolis.

“My administration will not allow federal tax dollars to fund cities that allow themselves to deteriorate into lawless zones,” Trump wrote in a memo Tuesday. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

In other developments:
– Trump targets Seattle, Portland, NYC, DC by threatening federal funding for ‘anarchist’ cities
– Where are the rioters coming from? Data shows mix of locals and out-of-staters converging on cities
– CNN’s Van Jones urges Democrats to pause nighttime BLM protests: The ‘unrest’ is helping Trump
– New York Times columnist Paul Krugman ripped for tweets downplaying city violence

US Marshals Service’s ‘Operation Safety Net’ finds 25 missing children in Ohio in first two weeks
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Wednesday hailed the U.S. Marshals Service for its work in “Operation Safety Net,” including the recovery of 25 missing children in his state in the first two weeks of activity.

“Over the weekend U.S. Marshals rescued dozens of missing children across Ohio, many of whom were being trafficked.” DeWine said during a news conference.

“Operation Safety Net” is being carried out in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies around northern Ohio.

The children were missing for various reasons and were recovered in multiple locations. Some could be vulnerable to abuse or neglect at home. About a quarter of them were believed to be victims of human trafficking or forced prostitution. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

In other developments:
– US Marshals find 39 missing children in Georgia in ‘Operation Not Forgotten’
– Border Patrol finds missing Texas girl at checkpoint on Interstate 35
– Georgia Gov. Kemp signs new law to strip human traffickers of commercial driver’s licenses for life

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

TODAY’S MUST-READS:
– Tom Seaver, Mets star who won 3 Cy Young awards and 311 games, dead at 75
– Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best steps down, claims cuts left her ‘destined to fail’
– Trump joked Sarah Sanders should ‘take one for the team’ after Kim Jong Un wink, her book says
– Florida bodycam footage shows knife-wielding woman stab police officer before deadly shooting
– Barr chuckles after Wolf Blitzer insists CNN is ‘fair and balanced’ during interview

THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Business and personal bankruptcy filings in the US slowed in August
– LA to furlough 15,000 workers because of virus losses
– JUUL goes up in smoke in parts of Europe & Asia with job cuts coming

#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”

SOME PARTING WORDS

Tucker Carlson points out if you type in Antifa.com in your browser, you’re taken to JoeBiden.com. Reuters, he says, points out that this is not likely something the Biden campaign set up, but the Biden campaign is surely benefiting from it.

Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.

Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.

Fox News First is compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Friday.

Source


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share

Related posts

Leave a Comment