Prince Andrew ‘believes his HRH status should be RESTORED’


Prince Andrew ‘believes his HRH status should be RESTORED’ and has been ‘lobbying the Queen to reinstate him as Colonel of Grenadier Guards’

  • He lost his military titles in January after his family abandoned him to fight his sex abuse lawsuit in America
  • The Duke of York, 62, allegedly wants to be present at official events alongside other Royal Family members
  • Andrew has also asked for his daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, to be made working royals and given duties

Advertisement

Prince Andrew reportedly believes his HRH title should be restored and has been lobbying the Queen to reinstate him as Colonel of Grenadier Guards.

The Duke of York, 62, lost his military titles and royal patronages in January after his family abandoned him to fight his sex abuse lawsuit in America, which he paid £12million to settle.

He allegedly wants to be present at official events alongside other Royal Family members.

Andrew has also asked for his daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, to be made working royals and given duties.

A source told The Telegraph: ‘The colonelcy of the Grenadier Guards was his most coveted title and he wants it back. 

Prince Andrew reportedly believes his HRH title should be restored and has been lobbying the Queen the reinstate him as Colonel of Grenadier Guards

Prince Andrew reportedly believes his HRH title should be restored and has been lobbying the Queen the reinstate him as Colonel of Grenadier Guards

‘Having remained a Counsellor of State, he also believes he should be included at royal and state events. 

‘Most importantly for him is his status a HRH and “Prince of the Blood” and he feels that should be reinstated and his position recognised and respected.’

Buckingham Palace has not commented on the claims. 

Prince Andrew is expected to attend a service to mark Garter Day at Windsor Castle on Monday with other members of the Royal Family

He was forced to pull out of the Queen‘s Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral in London after testing positive for coronavirus

But Andrew is now said to be ‘Covid-free’ and is therefore expected to be at the service at St George’ Chapel in Windsor for members of the Order of the Garter.

The Duke could even walk in procession from Windsor Castle to the chapel with other royals, before returning to the castle in a carriage.

Andrew took a central role in escorting his mother to the Duke of Edinburgh's memorial service at Westminster Abbey in March

Andrew took a central role in escorting his mother to the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service at Westminster Abbey in March

Andrew has also asked for his daughters, Princess Beatrice (left) and Princess Eugenie (right), to be made working royals and given duties

Andrew has also asked for his daughters, Princess Beatrice (left) and Princess Eugenie (right), to be made working royals and given duties

A source close to Andrew told Newsweek that he is ‘still planning to attend’ the service, which will see also Camilla installed as a Royal Lady of the order. 

The monarch’s disgraced second son stepped down from public life after the furore over his friendship with paedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

He paid millions to settle a civil sexual assault case to a woman he claimed never to have met.

Andrew was cast out of the working monarchy and no longer uses his HRH style after Virginia Giuffre, who was trafficked by Epstein, accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was 17. The Duke denied the claims.

Andrew took a central role in escorting his mother to the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service at Westminster Abbey in March. 

It came as a surprise change to the planned arrangements – only weeks earlier he had been banished from royal public life and paid to settle his court case. 

The move was taken as a sign of the monarch’s support for her son. 

It comes as William and Kate are set to swap the hustle and bustle of London to take up residence in leafy Berkshire, according to reports.

It is claimed that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are set to move to a house on the Queen’s Windsor estate this summer – leaving behind Kensington Palace as their main residence.

According to The Sunday Times, the couple are set to take their son Prince George, 8, and daughter Princess Charlotte, 7, out of their current prep school in Battersea at the end of the school year.

George and Charlotte will then join their younger brother, Prince Louis, 4, at a new school in Berkshire in September, the paper reports.

William is set to turn 40 this week. The royal is reported to have joked privately that he is finding it ‘so daunting’. 

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly set to move to a house on the Queen's Windsor estate this summer. According to The Times, the couple are set to take their son Prince George, 8, and daughter Princess Charlotte, 7, out of their current prep school at the end of the school year

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly set to move to a house on the Queen’s Windsor estate this summer. According to The Times, the couple are set to take their son Prince George, 8, and daughter Princess Charlotte, 7, out of their current prep school at the end of the school year

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly set to move to a house on the Queen's Windsor estate (pictured: An aerial view) this summer

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly set to move to a house on the Queen’s Windsor estate (pictured: An aerial view) this summer

William and Kate's main residence is currently Kensington Palace. According to the Sunday Times, the couple will keep the stunning west London home as their main property

William and Kate’s main residence is currently Kensington Palace. According to the Sunday Times, the couple will keep the stunning west London home as their main property

The move will see William and Kate leave Kensington Palace, which has been their main residence since 2017.

The couple moved their from their country home, Anmer Hall, in Norfolk, where they had previously spent much of their time.

However, according to The Sunday Times, the pair will retain their property at Kensington Palace as their London home despite moving to Berkshire. Their press team will remain in west London.

The couple will also retain Anmer Hall, which the paper reports they will continue to use ‘regularly’. 

One friend reportedly told the paper that they plan to move there on a more permanent basis after their children are through ‘the school years’. 

‘They absolutely love it up there, it’s their happy place,’ the friend is reported to have said.

George and Charlotte will join their younger brother, Prince Louis (pictured), 4, at a new school in Berkshire in September, the paper reports

George and Charlotte will join their younger brother, Prince Louis (pictured), 4, at a new school in Berkshire in September, the paper reports

The couple will also retain Anmer Hall, which the paper reports they will continue to use 'regularly'

The couple will also retain Anmer Hall, which the paper reports they will continue to use ‘regularly’

The move to Windsor means the Cambridges will be near to the home of the Duchess’s parents, the Middletons, who live 45-minutes away by car in the village of Bucklebury.

It has long been reported that the couple could one day move into Windsor Castle. The Queen has spent much of her time at the Berkshire castle following the death of her beloved Prince Phillip.

However it is understood Prince Charles does not plan to spend as much time there when he becomes king.

It has previously been reported that the Prince of Wales plans to spend much of his time at Buckingham Palace during his reign.

Prince William and Kate were centre stage at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations last weekend, appearing on the royal balcony twice and during Saturday night’s Party at the Palace celebrations.

They were also joined by Prince George and Princess Charlotte as they brought the Platinum Jubilee celebrations to Wales while visiting concert rehearsals at Cardiff Castle. 

Prince William and Kate Middleton with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Cardiff Castle this afternoon

Prince William and Kate Middleton with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Cardiff Castle this afternoon

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with George, eight, and Charlotte, seven, met performers and crew involved in a special Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert at the castl.

William and Kate seemed to encourage their shy-looking children to shake hands and introduce themselves to dignitaries as they arrived in the Welsh capital, though Charlotte was soon beaming. 

It was the young royals’ first official visit to Wales and one of the first times they have greeted and interacted with members of the public. 

Missing was Prince Louis who stole the show when he appeared on Buckingham Palace’s balcony with his family and the Queen after the Trooping the Colour ceremony.

Source

Related posts