A Firm NO: Royals make it clear Harry will NOT be welcome at Charles’s coronation in case what they say ‘ends up in a paperback’, source claims
- Prince Harry will not be welcome at his father’s coronation next year, source says
- The King had hoped to still invite his son to witness the momentous occasion
- But a source claims relatives are concerned about their privacy after memoir
- Harry has shocked his family by the amount of detail he was willing to share
Prince Harry will not be welcome at his father’s coronation next year in light of the barrage of criticism levelled against his family, a source has claimed.
Initially the King hoped to still invite his youngest son to witness the momentous occasion, but he was reportedly forced to reconsider amid concerns private conversations could ‘end up in paperback’.
His family have reportedly been taken aback and hurt by the amount of detail about their lives he has divulged to the public.
A source told The Sun: ‘There have been discussions among the family, including Edward and Anne.
‘They do not want private conversations at the Coronation making it into the paperback edition of Spare.’
Prince Harry will not be welcome at his father’s coronation next year in light of the onslaught of insults he’s levelled against his family, a source has claimed
Initially the King hoped to still invite his youngest son to witness the momentous occasion, but a new report suggests he was forced to reconsider his plans amid concerns what they say could ‘end up in paperback’
Prince Harry’s book, Spare, was released on January 10 and quickly became one of the fastest selling non-fiction books ever
The coronation – which is just 16 weeks away – will be a smaller affair than ever before, which is a reflection of King Charles’ ambitions for a slimmed down monarchy.
The palace are yet to publish plans for the elaborate ceremony and the guest list has not yet been agreed.
Organisers said the event will ‘reflect the monarch’s role today’ and ‘look towards the future, while being rooted in longstanding traditions and pageantry’.
Earlier this week, it was reported that His Majesty had resigned himself to Harry not attending the May 6 celebration.
It would be very ‘hard for them [the Sussexes]’ to attend, a royal source who is close to the family claimed, after ‘what has been said‘.
The source explained the family expect the Sussexes will politely provide a reason not to attend, even if they were to be invited.
The then Prince Charles (centre) attends the coronation of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II (left), in 1953, following the death of his grandfather George VI. Prince Harry is now reportedly unlikely to receive an invite to his father’s big day
Edward and Anne are reportedly among relatives who have voiced concerns about whether their words would later be made public if Harry were to be invited
‘The family expects Harry and Meghan to find a reason not to be there,’ the source told The Independent.
The fallout from the publication of Prince Harry’s long-awaited memoirs continues despite the Duke of Sussex repeatedly claiming he would like a relationship with his family.
King Charles has maintained a dignified silence throughout the length of Harry’s PR tour, but looked stony-faced as he got behind the wheel of his car near Birkhall, Aberdeenshire, yesterday.
It marked the first time he has been seen in public since his youngest son appeared on US talk shows downing tequila shots and mocking royal protocols to promote his controversial autobiography.
Harry told The Late Show that he and Meghan were ‘forced’ to flee ‘our home country’ of Britain for ‘beautiful California’ because of ‘abuse and harassment’.
He then said: ‘We have created a fantastic life here in California, which by the way is beautiful, and America is a great place to live,’ before clinking glasses with Colbert to wild cheers.
He and Camilla reportedly arrived at their ‘marital home’ in Scotland last week for a ‘well-deserved’ break.
Birkhall is where Charles and Camilla became engaged, and where they honeymooned in 2005.
The King has previously revealed he finds the property ‘calming and peaceful’.
The Duke of Sussex launched a charm offensive this week, appearing on US talkback shows to promote his bestselling memoir. Pictured: Harry on ITV’s Tom Bradby on Sunday night
Many high ranking royals reportedly have ‘no trust left’ in Harry in the wake of his memoir, television rounds and recent Netflix documentary.
Speaking to ITV’s News at Ten anchor Tom Bradby, Harry said he’d be open to reconciliation and even returning to a partial royal role, on the condition he could have ‘frank’ conversations with his family which would stay private.
‘I don’t know whether they’ll be watching this [interview] or not, but, what they have to say to me and what I have to say to them will be in private, and I hope it can stay that way,’ he said, noting he doesn’t want ‘frank discussions [to] leak out’.
The comments have been labelled ironic given all the private moments Harry has shared in his memoir.
A royal source told The Mirror: ‘The irony is there for all to see, apart from Harry himself it seems.
‘There was very little (trust) before these latest scenes, but there is no trust left at all for Harry to be brought into the fold.’
It’s understood the Royal Family are unlikely to comment publicly on any of the allegations levelled against them.
But even discussing matters privately may be off the table for high-ranking royals, who fear any conversations held with Harry could be used against them in the future.