Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer says Roman Reigns is scheduled to work with Daniel Bryan next.
- WWE so frequently mentioning title changes on television changing Survivor Series is because it’s expected there will be at least one title change before the show.
- It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Big E and Chad Gable missing SmackDown this past week was because creative just didn’t have anything for them.
- They also say the original plan for Hell in a Cell was Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Braun Strowman vs. a fourth wrestler, which would have meant just one match with Jey Uso.
- There is interest in Davey Boy Smith from pretty much every pro wrestling promotion, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.