Russia ‘is planning false flag terror attack on Belarus nuclear power plant’ 

Russia ‘is planning false flag terror attack on Belarus nuclear power plant which it would blame on NATO or Ukraine’

  • Ukraine intelligence report suggests Russia is planning Belarus false flag attack
  • It claims a ‘terror attack’ will take place at the Astravets power plant
  • The attack would accelerate Belarus joining Vladimir Putin’s war effort 

Russia is planning to stage a false flag terror attack on a Belarus nuclear plant which it will blame on Ukraine and NATO, Kyiv intelligence has claimed.

Putin‘s forces intend to target the Astravets power plant in the Grodno region as well as infrastructure in Brest, according to the report from the Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense (GUR MOU).

The £9billion state-run plant is near Belarus’ border with Lithuania and just 25 miles from its capital of Vilnius, meaning any potential strike could have implications with radiation leak into a NATO country.

Throughout his savage war, Vladimir Putin has regularly been accused of preparing false flag attacks to justify a massive escalation. 

The intelligence report said: ‘It is known that in the near future a number of terrorist attacks are planned on the territory of Belarus, artificially provoked man-made disasters on critical infrastructure objects. 

Russia is planning to stage a false flag terror attack on the Belarus nuclear plant Astravets (file image), Ukraine claims

Russia is planning to stage a false flag terror attack on the Belarus nuclear plant Astravets (file image), Ukraine claims

The £9billion state-run plant is near Belarus' border with Lithuania and just 25 miles from its capital of Vilnius

The £9billion state-run plant is near Belarus’ border with Lithuania and just 25 miles from its capital of Vilnius

‘The place of alleged ‘incidents’ is the territory bordering the borders of the EU countries and Ukraine, in particular, Grodno and Brest oblasts. 

‘One of the main targets is the Belarusian nuclear power plant Astrovets.’

The report says Russia will blame the attacks on Ukraine and NATO, claiming the perpetrators will be disguised in Belarusian military uniforms.

The ‘terror attack’ would also precipitate Belarus joining the war, the report alleges.  

It comes today as Volodymyr Zelensky urged NATO members to guarantee the protection of Ukraine’s own nuclear plants from Russian sabotage.

Yesterday, the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhia plant was again rocked by heavy shelling.

Throughout his savage war, Vladimir Putin has regularly been accused of preparing false flag attacks to justify a massive escalation

Throughout his savage war, Vladimir Putin has regularly been accused of preparing false flag attacks to justify a massive escalation

‘All our nations are interested in not having any dangerous incidents at our nuclear facilities,’ Zelensky said in a video address to NATO’s Parliamentary Assembly in Madrid.

‘We all need guaranteed protection from Russian sabotage at nuclear facilities,’ he added. 

Zaporizhzhia in southern Ukraine was shelled on Saturday and Sunday, raising concern about the potential for a serious accident just 300 miles from Chernobyl, site of the world’s worst nuclear disaster in 1986.

Russia and Ukraine each blame the other for attacks on the plant, which is located in Russian-held territory near the front line. 

Reuters was unable to independently verify which side was responsible for the weekend shelling.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog, said such attacks risked a major disaster and warned they were ‘playing with fire’.

Ukrainian soldiers fire an artillery at Russian positions near Bakhmut, Donetsk region, yesterday

Ukrainian soldiers fire an artillery at Russian positions near Bakhmut, Donetsk region, yesterday

Russia said earlier on Monday that Zaporizhzhia’s shelling could unleash a grave nuclear accident, repeating its accusations that Ukrainian forces were to blame.

Zelensky also called for new EU sanctions against Moscow over what he said was its ‘policy of genocide’ as Russian forces bomb crucial civil infrastructure. 

Russia denies deliberately targeting civilians in Ukraine but acknowledges a campaign of strikes against electric power and other infrastructure.

Agency director-general Rafael Mariano Grossi said more than a dozen explosions were heard yesterday morning, but his team at the site was told there was no damage to areas ‘critical for nuclear safety and security’.

Mr Grossi said: ‘Whoever is behind this, it must stop immediately. As I have said many times before, you’re playing with fire.’

The International Atomic Energy Agency said those behind the attack at the Zaporizhzhia power plant (pictured above last month) were ‘playing with fire’

Both sides have accused the other of targeting the massive site, but Ukraine¿s western allies are sceptical that Kyiv would try to provoke a nuclear disaster on its own soil

Both sides have accused the other of targeting the massive site, but Ukraine’s western allies are sceptical that Kyiv would try to provoke a nuclear disaster on its own soil

The explosions had ‘abruptly ended a period of relative calm at the facility and further underlined the urgent need for measures to help prevent a nuclear accident there’.

Mr Grossi said he was determined to demilitarise the area around the plant.

Negotiations with Moscow and Kyiv have been ongoing but ‘so far without agreement’.

The facility, which provided a fifth of Ukraine’s electricity before Russia’s invasion, has been forced to operate on back-up generators several times since it was occupied by Russian forces soon after the war began.

Source

Related posts