Senior member of notorious Assyrian crime gang gunned down in Sydney

Sponsored Video
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share

A senior member of the notorious Assyrian gang DLASTHR is fighting for his life in hospital after being critically wounded in a hail of gunfire.

Samer Marcus was shot multiple times at his home on Campbelltown Rd, in the southwestern Sydney suburb of Denham Court at about 8:25pm on Friday.

He is the latest Sydney underworld figure to be targeted in a spate of violent attacks in recent weeks, sparking fears that a bloody gang war is being fought out on the streets of the Harbour City.

Samer Marcus (pictured), a senior member of the notorious Assyrian gang DLASTHR is fighting for his life in hospital after being critically wounded in a hail of gunfire

Samer Marcus (pictured), a senior member of the notorious Assyrian gang DLASTHR is fighting for his life in hospital after being critically wounded in a hail of gunfire

Pictured: Forensic police comb the scene of the shooting in Sydney's southwest searching for evidence

Pictured: Forensic police comb the scene of the shooting in Sydney’s southwest searching for evidence 

‘Officers attached to Campbelltown City Police Area Command attended and found a man, aged 45, with multiple wounds,’ police said.

‘He was treated at the scene by New South Wales Ambulance paramedics before being taken to hospital in a critical condition.

‘A crime scene has been established, and an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident has commenced.’

It is understood that his partner of the gang boss was at home at the time of the gruesome shooting.

But it is not the first time the infamous gangster has been shot this year. 

Campbelltown Local Court was told in August that Marcus was shot in the face just four months earlier in June. 

Marcus turned up at hospital with injuries consistent with a gunshot wound three days after being hit with the bullet.

It was revealed in court that Marcus had driven to Middlehope St in Bonnyrigg Heights to confront a 33-year-old man he had a grievance with, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Samer Marcus was shot multiple times at his home on Campbelltown Rd, in the southwestern Sydney suburb of Denham Court at about 8:25pm on Friday (stock image)

Samer Marcus was shot multiple times at his home on Campbelltown Rd, in the southwestern Sydney suburb of Denham Court at about 8:25pm on Friday (stock image)

Pictured: A crime scene has been established and an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident has commenced

Pictured: A crime scene has been established and an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident has commenced

The man fired a number of shots at Marcus and one hit the DLASTHR member in the face.

The gunman was charged with ten offences, including shooting with intent to murder and discharging a firearm in a public place.  

Marcus was also charged with concealing a serious and indictable offence after not reporting that he was shot.

Investigators have not confirmed if the two shooting are linked or if they are part of a separate matter.  

Police have identified DLASTHR, which is an abrieviation of ‘the Last hour’, as a dangerous gang that controls drug territory in Sydney’s Fairfield area.

In 2016, the NSW Supreme Court heard DLASTHR had been involved in a number of violent conflicts in the past with other gangs. 

Samer Marcus (pictured being arrested in 2016) was also shot just four months earlier in June

Samer Marcus (pictured being arrested in 2016) was also shot just four months earlier in June

Investigators have not confirmed if the two shootings are linked or if they are part of a separate matter (pictured, a forensic officer examines the crime scene)

Investigators have not confirmed if the two shootings are linked or if they are part of a separate matter (pictured, a forensic officer examines the crime scene)

The latest shooting comes just weeks after another high-profile underworld figure was shot dead in Sydney’s south-west. 

Mejid Hamzy, 44, the brother of notorious criminal and Brothers For Life founder Bassam Hamzy, was gunned down outside his home in Condell Park on October 19.

Mejid’s death has already lead to more violence, as police fear the retributions will cause carnage on Sydney’s streets. 

Mohammed Hamzy, the brother’s cousin, was stabbed at John Morony Correctional Centre at Windsor following the execution.

Strike Force Raptor have since stepped up their operation targeting criminal networks, issuing public safety orders to 22 men linked to the Hamzy and Alameddine families in a desperate bid to prevent more retaliatory attacks. 

The public safety orders include no-go zones imposed on 22 men, which also restrict who they could associate with, for 72 hours.

It also means police can search their cars and houses whenever they want.

‘Well the time to muck about has passed. We’ve got people dying on the streets and it’s got to stop,’ Detective Superintendent Robert Critchlow told radio station 2GB.

‘We’re sick of this behaviour … and we won’t tolerate ongoing conduct endangering the whole community.’

‘We’re not stopping. We’re using every legislative power we have to prevent further crime and make these people stop.’ 

Mejid Hamzy (pictured) was gunned down outside his home in Condell Park on October 19

Mejid was the brother of notorious criminal and Brothers For Life founder Bassam Hamzy (pictured)

Mejid (pictured left) was the brother of notorious criminal and Brothers For Life founder Bassam Hamzy (pictured right)

Officers attached from Strike Force Raptor and South West Metropolitan Region have continued a targeted execution of firearm prohibition orders across Sydney’s south-west in addition to the public safety orders issued.

Police have vowed to use all legislative avenues and powers available to them in their bid to end the gangland war.

‘The next step will likely see Serious Crime Prohibition Orders enforced which place huge restrictions on the way of life of those who have been served them,’ Detective Superintendent Critchlow said in a statement.

‘Anyone involved in these shootings or other violent activity, should expect to be arrested. Shooting into homes, businesses or cars is reckless and dangerous and will not be tolerated by police.

‘We will not stop in our pursuit of these reckless and careless individuals who continue to put the community at risk, and if you are involved, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, it is best to assume we are watching your every move.’  

It is not known whether last night’s shooting targeting Marcus is in linked to the attacks on the Hamzy family attacks. 

Anyone with information or dashcam footage from the area, is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

More than 1,000 mourners attended the funeral of Mejid Hamzy, 44, in October

More than 1,000 mourners attended the funeral of Mejid Hamzy, 44, in October

Hundreds attended Mejid Hamzy's burial service at Rookwood Cemetery in October

Hundreds attended Mejid Hamzy’s burial service at Rookwood Cemetery in October

Source


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share

Related posts

Leave a Comment