Shawn Mendes cancels the rest of his Wonder world tour to focus on his mental health

Shawn Mendes cancels the rest of his Wonder world tour to focus on his mental health: ‘I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be’

  • Shawn Mendes has cancelled the rest of his Wonder world tour 
  • The 23-year-old singer postponed some of the gigs earlier this month 
  • But has now confirmed on social media that the tour has been scrapped
  • ‘As you guys know, I had to postpone the past few weeks of shows,’ he began
  • ‘I wasn’t totally prepared for the toll of being back on the road would take on me’
  • ‘I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing live after a long break’
  • ‘But the reality is I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be,’ he said

Shawn Mendes has cancelled the rest of his Wonder world tour.

The 23-year-old singer postponed some of the gigs earlier this month to focus on his mental health but has now confirmed on social media that the tour has been scrapped altogether as he prioritizes his wellbeing.

‘As you guys know, I had to postpone the past few weeks of shows since I wasn’t totally prepared for the toll of being back on the road would take on me,’ he said in a heartfelt message to his fans.

Done: Shawn Mendes has cancelled the rest of his Wonder world tour. The 23-year-old singer postponed some of the gigs earlier this month to focus on his mental health but has now confirmed on social media that the tour has been scrapped altogether as he prioritizes his wellbeing. Seen in June 27 in Portland

Done: Shawn Mendes has cancelled the rest of his Wonder world tour. The 23-year-old singer postponed some of the gigs earlier this month to focus on his mental health but has now confirmed on social media that the tour has been scrapped altogether as he prioritizes his wellbeing. Seen in June 27 in Portland

Sad end: 'As you guys know, I had to postpone the past few weeks of shows since I wasn't totally prepared for the toll of being back on the road would take on me,' he said in a heartfelt message to his fans

Sad end: ‘As you guys know, I had to postpone the past few weeks of shows since I wasn’t totally prepared for the toll of being back on the road would take on me,’ he said in a heartfelt message to his fans

‘I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing live after a long break due to the pandemic, but the reality is I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away.

‘After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally, to ground myself and come back stronger.’

The Stitches hitmaker continued: ‘I unfortunately have to cancel the rest of the tour dates in North America, and the UK/Europe.

He took a break earlier this month: He previously paused the show for a mini break

He took a break earlier this month: He previously paused the show for a mini break

‘We were hopeful that I might be able to pick up with the rest of the dates after some much needed time off, but at this time I have to put my health as my first priority.’

Shawn assured his fans that he will still be making music and shared that he felt heartbroken to let those who had tickets for the gigs down.

He said: ‘This doesn’t mean I won’t be making new music, and I can’t wait to see you on tour in the future. I know you all have been waiting so long to see these shows, and it breaks my heart to tell you this but I promise I will be back as soon as I’ve taken the right time to heal. I love you all and thank you all so much for supporting me and sticking by me on this journey.’

With his former lady love: Mendes and Camila Cabello at the Met Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2021

With his former lady love: Mendes and Camila Cabello at the Met Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2021

Source

Related posts