Shocking moment speeding car crashes through the window of a ‘New England for Trump’ store as employee claims it was ‘INTENTIONAL’
- Sean Flaherty, 46, from Raynham, Massachusetts, crashed his car through a Donald Trump merchandise store in Easton, Massachusetts Thursday
- Easton Police Department responded to the incident that occurred at around 5:10 p.m. to find the man and his 2015 Volkswagen Jetta inside the store
- He was transported to a local hospital with no critical injuries
- Only one employee was inside the store during the crash and was not hurt but they claimed the crash was intentional
- Flaherty’s car reportedly had an anti-Trump sticker, according to a store employee
- Flaherty has been charged with reckless operation of a motor vehicle and malicious destruction of property
This is the moment a car crashed through the wall of a Massachusetts Donald Trump merchandise shop – narrowly avoiding hitting the store worker.
Hats, shirts, and flags promoting the former President of the United States went flying after the vehicle smashed through the ‘New England for Trump’ store, in Easton, around 5:10 p.m. on Thursday, according to Easton Police Department.
Officers arrived at the scene at 620 Washington Street to find the driver, Sean Flaherty, 46, from Raynham, Massachusetts, in his 2015 Volkswagen Jetta.
Surveillance shows moments before the crash. Only one person was inside the store at the time of the incident
Footage shows an employee running towards the door before even noticing the cause of the loud crash
The motive behind the incident is unknown, but an employee reveals the car had an anti-Trump sticker
Flaherty was transported to a local hospital with no critical injuries, police said.
While police haven’t released the motive of the crash, a worker at the store speculates the incident was targeted – revealing the Volkswagen had an anti-Trump sticker.
‘It was intentional,’ store employee Karli Kelly told Daily Mail. ‘He drove right from the road.’
Kelly wasn’t present at the time of the incident, but her co-worker was.
Surveillance shows the employee at the front of the store looking at merchandise moments before the crash.
Startled, the employee leaped toward the door and out the way of the car. No one else wasn’t inside the store.
Flaherty has been charged with reckless operation of a motor vehicle and malicious destruction of property.
Law enforcement have also issued for Flaherty’s drivers licensed to be revoked effective immediately.
There is still a lot to do before the store can reopen at full capacity.
In the meantime, a trailer to continue sales is set up outside the store.
The store sells hats, shirts, flags and other merchandise promoting the former President Donald Trump