Strictly Come Dancing bosses have reportedly banned contestants and dancers from partying after a series of COVID-19-related scares.
Participants have been told they are to take part in the series and nothing else after HRVY and Maisie Smith were pictured breaking the show’s social-distancing rules during filming for It Takes Two.
According to The Sun, bosses are keeping an eye on the pair, fearing a romance could blossom and put social distancing rules at risk, after Katya Jones and Nicola Adams have already been forced to pull out of the show.
Rules: Strictly Come Dancing bosses have reportedly banned contestants and dancers from partying after a series of COVID-19-related scares
A source said: ‘There is disappointment with HRVY and Maisie after their partying was exposed last week.
‘Contestants, cast and crew have always had a few drinks after the show to let off steam. But bosses have slapped a party ban on the youngsters and reminded them they are there for the show and nothing else.
‘Some older crew members have commented that they’re turning the show into Ibiza Weekender.’
MailOnline has contacted a representative for Strictly Come Dancing for comment.
Strict: Participants have been told they are to take part in the series and nothing else after Katya Jones (pictured with Nicola Adams) caught COVID-19 and had to leave the show
In the pictures, the two contestants were seen arriving to film It Takes Two together, despite the government’s requirement of maintaining at least two metres distance to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The pair were also seen chatting to their professional partners Gorka Marquez and Janette Manrara as they stood together outside the studio.
The foursome all appeared to be without face masks as they stood at a close distance together before chatting to Gethin Jones on It Takes Two.
A source told MailOnline: ‘The stars are being reminded that they must stay at least two metres apart.
‘It’s hard to maintain, as everyone knows, but it’s more important than ever now for Strictly that everyone stays as far apart as possible.’
A source said: ‘There is disappointment with HRVY and Maisie after their partying was exposed last week’ (HRVY pictured with Janette Manrara)
The BBC have introduced strict new guidelines for this year’s couples to ensure they are kept safe during filming, which have included couples forming their own separate bubbles so they can train and perform.
However, celebrities and pros from separate bubbles are not allowed to mix during filming or backstage, and must maintain social distancing at all times.
Strictly was thrown into chaos this week after Nicola and Katya were axed due to the pro testing positive for coronavirus.
Boxer Nicola will now have to isolate for two weeks which means she can’t continue with the competition, as COVID-19 guidelines won’t allow her to be paired up with another pro.
Katya was stunned to learn she tested positive as she didn’t display any symptoms, and is now convinced she must have caught the virus in a sandwich shop after telling bosses she hasn’t been mixing with others as she lives alone.
They added: ‘Bosses have slapped a party ban on the youngsters and reminded them they are there for the show and nothing else’ (Maisie pictured with Gorka Marquez)
She and Nicola trained together on Monday and Tuesday – and Katya tested positive that day, according to sources.
While the Strictly cast have been in social bubbles, they are allowed to continue their daily business as normal, with insiders now claiming ‘furious’ BBC bosses have vowed to tighten the rules for the remaining celebs.
A Strictly representative confirmed to MailOnline that bosses are not launching an investigation into how Katya contracted the virus as there is no way to indicate where she may have caught it.
They added that as the dancer lives alone and has only been leaving her house to train, she hasn’t been socialising with others.
Departure: Strictly was thrown into chaos this week after Nicola and Katya were axed due to the pro testing positive for coronavirus
This also means that the Strictly final next month will feature just four couples instead of the planned five.
Strictly bosses later confirmed in a statement that Nicola cannot return next series as she would have an ‘unfair advantage’ over the other celebrities.
Strictly introduced strict new measures to ensure filming could continue in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, including regular testing and placing the couples in separate ‘bubbles’ so they can train and perform together.
These ‘bubbles’ mean that any celebrity can openly mix, train and perform with their professional partner and vice versa, but they are prohibited from mixing with anyone from outside of their bubble during filming or training.
Bowing out: Nicola has to isolate for two weeks which means she can’t continue with the competition, as COVID-19 guidelines won’t allow her to be paired up with another pro