Strictly judge Craig Revel-Horwood compares his involvement in this year’s show to being IN PRISON

Sponsored Video
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel-Horwood has compared his involvement in this year’s show to being in prison amid the COVID-19 regulations currently in place.

The show has had to adhere to strict rules amid the ongoing pandemic, with disaster hitting this week when pro Katya Jones tested positive for the virus and Craig’s co-judge Motsi Mabuse forced to self-isolate in Germany.

‘It’s so secure backstage that I can’t see Katya could have picked this up here. It’s almost like prison with the checks,’ he told The Mirror. ‘We’re temperature-checked at the gate before a bar lifts to let the car in.

'I'm locked in my cell!' Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel-Horwood has compared his involvement in this year's show to being in prison amid the COVID-19 regulations currently in place

‘I’m locked in my cell!’ Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel-Horwood has compared his involvement in this year’s show to being in prison amid the COVID-19 regulations currently in place

‘By the next section you’ve gone through at least three stations where you have to clean your hands, wear a mask, put a visor on. And I’m locked in my cell until I’m called to stage.’

Motsi shared a bold post to Instagram on Saturday as she watched the show from home following her ‘urgent trip’ to Germany.

Th panellist, 39, glammed it up while in quarantine as professional dancer Anton du Beke, 54, filled in for her and made his debut on the judging panel.

The choreographer defiantly wrote in an accompanying caption: ‘I have learned that to be with those I like is enough’ as she continues to isolate for the next 14 days in accordance with government guidelines in the fight against COVID-19.

Precautions: 'It¿s so secure backstage. It¿s almost like prison with the checks,' he told The Mirror. 'We¿re temperature-checked at the gate before a bar lifts to let the car in' [pictured leaving Saturday night's taping]

Precautions: ‘It’s so secure backstage. It’s almost like prison with the checks,’ he told The Mirror. ‘We’re temperature-checked at the gate before a bar lifts to let the car in’ [pictured leaving Saturday night’s taping]

Strict at Strictly! The show has had to adhere to rules amid the ongoing pandemic, with disaster hitting this week when pro Katya Jones tested positive for the virus and Craig's co-judge Motsi Mabuse forced to self-isolate in Germany

Strict at Strictly! The show has had to adhere to rules amid the ongoing pandemic, with disaster hitting this week when pro Katya Jones tested positive for the virus and Craig’s co-judge Motsi Mabuse forced to self-isolate in Germany

'I have learned that to be with those I like is enough': Motsi shared a bold post on Saturday as she watched the show from home in isolation

‘I have learned that to be with those I like is enough’: Motsi shared a bold post on Saturday as she watched the show from home in isolation

The media personality, who had appeared on the programme virtually, highlighted her curves in a one-shouldered monochrome dress as she posed with her heels in her hands.

Oti Mabuse’s older sister complemented her beauty with a slick of red lipstick and embraced her naturally coiled tresses.

The TV star thanked her fans for their support during her absence as she wrote alongside a separate post: ‘Thank you for the love ❤️ Thank you @themelmercier we did it girl!!! More of me on Twitter #strictly.’ (sic)

South African dancer Motsi rushed home to Germany earlier this week after her dance school was ‘targeted’. 

Stand-in: In images shared to Instagram, the panellist, 39, glammed it up while in quarantine as professional dancer Anton du Beke (pictured), 54, made his debut on the judging panel

Stand-in: In images shared to Instagram, the panellist, 39, glammed it up while in quarantine as professional dancer Anton du Beke (pictured), 54, made his debut on the judging panel

Support from home: The choreographer continues to isolate for the next 14 days following an 'urgent trip' to Germany

Support from home: The choreographer continues to isolate for the next 14 days following an ‘urgent trip’ to Germany

Cheering them on: The South African dancer had appeared on the programme virtually

Cheering them on: The South African dancer had appeared on the programme virtually

She worked with police to ‘solve the crime’ and will be improving security at her school.

As well as posting a lengthy caption in German, Motsi shared a snap of a broken glass door at her studio.

She penned: ‘Unfortunately we have no good news. Someone tried to break into our school @motsimabuse_taunustanzschule. 

‘We are working with the police to solve this crime. We know we have been targeted on purpose and we will improve security in our school that this will not happen again.’

 

Bad news: Motsi rushed home to the European country earlier this week after her dance school was 'targeted'

Bad news: Motsi rushed home to the European country earlier this week after her dance school was ‘targeted’ 

Unfortunate: News of her isolation comes just hours after Nicola Adams and Katya Jones had to withdraw from the competition because the professional dancer contracted COVID-19

Unfortunate: News of her isolation comes just hours after Nicola Adams and Katya Jones had to withdraw from the competition because the professional dancer contracted COVID-19  

A Strictly source confirmed to MailOnline on Thursday that Motsi is now back in the UK following her brief trip in Germanyfeur, where she runs the dance school and shares a home with husband Evgenij Voznyuk and their daughter, two.  

Current UK lockdown rules prohibit international travel except in ‘limited circumstances such as for work or for education’. 

Guidelines say ‘people who live outside the UK but work in the UK and travel between their country of residence and the UK at least once a week’ do not have to isolate. 

News of Motsi’s isolation comes just hours after Nicola Adams had to withdraw from the competition because her partner Katya contracted COVID-19

Meanwhile, Anton looked over the moon as he took her place on the competition show.

The ballroom pro, who was booted off with celebrity partner Jacqui Smith in the first week, was introduced by hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman who said the judging panel was ‘different’ as he joined Shirley Ballas and Craig.  

Grinning from ear to ear, Anton said: ‘I will endeavour to be much more generous than these two have been to me over the last few years. We should have a lovely night.’ 

Thrilled: Viewers quickly took to social media to react to ballroom star Anton filling in Motsi's shoes

Thrilled: Viewers quickly took to social media to react to ballroom star Anton filling in Motsi’s shoes

Source


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Related posts