Suspect arrested in hit-and-run death of Sparks pedestrian

A 68-year-old man has been arrested as a suspect in a fatal hit-and-run accident that killed a pedestrian in Sparks last week.

Vincent Joseph Hoff was located in Reno on Tuesday and arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident causing death, Sparks police said. He was booked into Washoe County Jail, where he was being held Wednesday in lieu of a $30,000 bond.

NC DEMOCRAT CALLS HIT-AND-RUN IN STATE-ISSUED VEHICLE A ‘SERIOUS MISTAKE,’ REFUSES TO RESIGN

A 75-year-old suspect was arrested Wednesday in the hit-and-run death of a Sparks pedestrian last week. The man's bond was placed at $30K.

A 75-year-old suspect was arrested Wednesday in the hit-and-run death of a Sparks pedestrian last week. The man’s bond was placed at $30K.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The woman who died was struck in a crosswalk with flashing lights around 6:24 a.m. on Jan. 17 at East Prater Way and Probasco Way, a few blocks east of Dilworth Middle School, police said.

Police said an investigation was continuing. It wasn’t clear if Hoff had a lawyer or would be appointed one at a future court appearance.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Sparks police at 775-353-2231 or Secret Witness 775-322-4900.

Source

Related posts