Suspect in Miya Marcano case previously accused of throwing weight through woman’s window – WFTV Orlando

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. — In March, the primary suspect in Miya Marcano’s disappearance was accused of throwing something through a woman’s window after she turned him down for a date.

It happened in the same complex near Longwood where Armando Caballero was found dead on Monday.

>>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE <<<

The 24-year-old said she was in her room late one night when someone threw a weight through her window.

The woman said she didn’t see the suspect, but told deputies it was likely the maintenance man who she’d declined to go on a date with.

LIVE UPDATES: FBI helping deputies investigate disappearance of 19-year-old Miya Marcano

She said he wrote her a note asking her out, and she agreed to go a few days later. But when he asked to switch it up to that same night, she said no.

It was that same night that she was in her bottom-floor apartment with her bedroom light on, looking at her phone when she said someone threw a black weight through her window.

READ: Miya Marcano case: A timeline of her disappearance

In the report, she told deputies she yelled at the person and called the police, but that she didn’t see who did it.

Deputies said they didn’t have his last name and tried to get more information, but the woman did not want to go any further following what was classified as a “suspicious incident.”

READ: “A different kind of hurt:” Miya Marcano’s family, neighbors pray for her safe return during vigil

No charges were ever filed in the case.

Channel 9 reached out to the woman involved, but hasn’t heard back. But sources confirm that they believe the man she is talking about is in fact, Caballero.

It’s unclear if Caballero continued to work at the Longwood complex after that.

Photos: Candlelight vigil for missing teen Miya Marcano

Channel 9 reached out to the management company here but hasn’t heard back.

Arden Villas, the complex where Miya Marcano was last seen, released a lengthy statement regarding the hiring of Caballero. They said all potential employees are vetted through a national background check services provider, and that no records of either burglary or sexual assault were found during Caballero’s background check.

READ: Miya Marcano’s family calls for FBI to help with search for missing 19-year-old

Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.

Source

Related posts