Sydney: Mother of missing chef who vanished in 2005 Simon Knight said she has no hope son is alive

Sponsored Video
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

The mother of a chef who ‘disappeared off the face of the earth’ 15 years ago said she has no hope he is still alive.

Simon Knight, 32, was last seen at the City Crown Motel in Surry Hills, in Sydney’s CBD, where he spent the night on July 21, 2005. 

A $100,000 reward was announced in 2018 for any information that would lead to the location of Simon and on Friday that was upped to $250,000. 

Simon’s mother, Robyn Conlan, urged anyone with information into her son’s disappearance to come forward.  

‘To not know, that is the most difficult part – to not know after well over 15 years what actually happened,’ she said.

‘We have no idea.

‘I’m sorry, but we’re not [hopeful]. We have no hope that he is alive.’

Simon Knight (pictured), 32, was last seen at the City Crown Hotel in Surry Hills, Sydney CBD, where he had spent a night on July 21, 2005

Simon Knight (pictured), 32, was last seen at the City Crown Hotel in Surry Hills, Sydney CBD, where he had spent a night on July 21, 2005

Simon's mother, Robyn Conlan (pictured), urged anyone with information into her son's disappearance to come forward

Simon’s mother, Robyn Conlan (pictured), urged anyone with information into her son’s disappearance to come forward

Simon’s father Bob Knight could barely hold back tears as he begged people to come forward for information. 

Ms Conlan said as a child Simon always had a smile on his face and an incredibly generous child.

She said her son enjoyed travelling and had lived in Armidale, Melbourne, London and Sydney. 

Simon was last heard from when he contacted an escort agency in Kings Cross the day he disappeared.

No one had contact with him following that, New South Wales Police revealed in 2018. 

Superintendent Andrew Holland revealed on Friday the reward had been upped to get interest back in the case as police have exhausted all avenues of investigation. 

Simon's father Bob Knight (pictured with Simon's mother) could barely hold back tears as he begged people to come forward for information

Simon’s father Bob Knight (pictured with Simon’s mother) could barely hold back tears as he begged people to come forward for information

Simon was a chef in Newtown and several other Sydney locations and the alarm about his disappearance was raised when he didn’t turn up to work.

There has been no activity on any bank accounts.

‘He has basically disappeared off the face of the earth,’ Superintendent Holland said. 

He lived in Redfern with housemates at the time of his disappearance, and had started a horticulture course in Ryde three days before he vanished. 

Mr Knight was last heard from when he had contacted an escort agency in Kings Cross the day he disappeared (pictured, City Crown Motel)

Mr Knight was last heard from when he had contacted an escort agency in Kings Cross the day he disappeared (pictured, City Crown Motel)

Mr Knight said something went wrong at the class and his son came home incredibly distressed. 

An inquest was held into the disappearance of Simon in 2008.

The coroner was unable to conclude whether Simon was dead or alive.

There have been several pleas for information into the disappearance of Simon over the years, including 2008 and 2018.

Source


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Related posts

Leave a Comment