Professional cleaner: The one thing you need to do every time before using cleaning products – or they won’t work
- A Melbourne cleaner has revealed the reason you should always shake products
- The professional cleaner explained that the products are more effective shaken
- Ingredients naturally separate in bottles and re-combine after being shaken
- The woman often shares her pro cleaning tips online and her fans love them
A professional cleaner has revealed the little-known reason you should always shake products before use.
‘Pro cleaning tip,’ the mum-of-four captioned her latest TikTok. ‘Ingredients settle and separate and you want to make sure you’re experiencing the full efficiency of whatever product it is your using.’
Scroll down for video
A Melbourne-based professional cleaner explained why you need to shake your cleaning products before use for a more ‘effective’ clean
The cleaner, who is the director of The Big Clean Co, explained that cleaning ingredients separate when stored and need to be shaken to recombine and clean effectively
‘Shake your cleaning product before use,’ Kacie said in her recent TikTok.
‘Ingredients settle separately, and they work more effectively when they’re mixed,’ she explained.
The cleaner made her own cleaning solution by mixing one litre of water with one tablespoon of her company’s cleaning product For All.
Kacie set up The Big Clean Co in 2016 after finding it difficult to hire a good cleaner for her AirBnB business, she said she wanted to make a team of ‘happy cleaners’ who will provide a good service for clients.
Previously the cleaner revealed the surprising truth behind a popular cleaning product combination that’s praised by ‘experts’.
The professional cleaner says whilst bicarb soda and vinegar are fine to use on their own, together they do not clean efficiently as they are opposite on the pH scale.
Kacie said that bicarb soda and vinegar are not a powerful cleaning duo and only leave behind a salty residue
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to clean soap scum from a shower screen with ease
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for sparkling results
* For sparkling windows use the $37 Sabco window cleaning kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 litre bucket with a lid and handle. Pair it with a microfibre window washer, stainless steel squeegee and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water works very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning cloths – they are hidden in the car section
The chemical reaction may ‘look cool’ when vinegar is poured onto the bicarbonate soda, however the bubbling effect is just them neutralising.
‘I think the people doing this missed the days we mixed these in high school science,’ Kacie said.
Instead Kacie suggests that if you want to continue using the products to use them individually for a better result.
The professional cleaner has also revealed the products she always keeps in her kit while working.
While it’s common to use toilet cleaners, dishwashing liquids and microfibre cloths, Kacie from The Big Clean Co said she also uses magic erasers, cream cleansers, grout cleaner, non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaners and a variety of cleaning brushes.
‘We use a Pullman or a Henry vacuum – the size and suction are great; microfibre cloths and good glass cloths for polishing and shining,’ she said in the video.
Kacie has also revealed the products she keeps in her cleaning kit for while working, some of the products are magic erasers, cream cleansers, grout cleaner and brushes
Pullmans and Henry vacuums are commercial products designed to make cleaning jobs easier to complete, but often have a minimum cost of $299.
‘You knew I was going to say this, dishwashing liquid! We also use a citrus all-purpose spray but we’re actually making our own dishwashing liquid that we’re going to be able to put in a spray bottle,’ she said.
It may come as a surprise to some, but dishwashing liquid can be used to clean glass surfaces – such as shower screens.
What’s in Kacie’s cleaning kit?
- Pullman vacuum
- Microfibre cloths and glass cloths for polishing and shining
- Duster with extension handle
- Dishwashing liquid
- Citrus all-purpose spray
- Non-toxic biodegradable glass cleaner
- Long life grout cleaner
- Bathroom cleaning brush
- Variety of brushes
- Magic eraser
- Cream cleanser
- Eucalyptus oil for mop water
- Neutral pH floor cleaner
- Toilet cleaner