Twist in Block quitters saga as Scott Cam claims Elle and Joel didn’t tell him about his sick mother

New twist in The Block quitters saga as host Scott Cam claims Elle Ferguson and Joel Patfull didn’t tell him about AFL star’s sick mother before walking off set and says she insisted on bringing all her designer clothes for filming

Scott Cam has claimed ‘quitters’ Joel Patfull and Elle Ferguson didn’t tell producers about the AFL star’s sick mother before fleeing The Block.

Fashion blogger Elle, 36, and retired AFL player Joel, 37, were meant to star on The Block’s upcoming ‘Tree Change’ season, but quit just two days into filming.

Scott told KIIS FM’s The Kyle and Jackie O show, the Sydney-based couple didn’t tell producers they needed to visit Joel’s mother, who had injured herself in a nasty fall at her home in Adelaide, when throwing in the towel.

New twist in The Block quitters saga as host Scott Cam (pictured) claims Elle Ferguson and partner Joel didn't tell him about AFL star's sick mother before walking off set

New twist in The Block quitters saga as host Scott Cam (pictured) claims Elle Ferguson and partner Joel didn’t tell him about AFL star’s sick mother before walking off set

He said The Block would have been prepared to temporarily shut down production to accommodate the couple’s visit to see Joel’s mother, if they had been made aware of the situation.

‘They didn’t mention the sick mum to us. If they had said to us we need to go see my mum, of course family comes first. We would have flown them back to Adelaide and flown them back,’ the long-time host said on Thursday.

‘They spoke to our producer and said they had decided The Block isn’t on brand for them. It was chaos,’ he added.

Scott went on to say Elle also insisted on bringing ‘a lot of outfits’ for filming, despite a strict dress code.

‘You have got to wear the hi-vis [workwear] and the boots but [Elle] did have a lot of outfits there ready to go,’ he said.

Fashion blogger Elle, 36, and retired AFL player Joel, 37, were meant to star on The Block's upcoming 'Tree Change' season, but quit just two days into filming

Fashion blogger Elle, 36, and retired AFL player Joel, 37, were meant to star on The Block’s upcoming ‘Tree Change’ season, but quit just two days into filming

Scott previously said at the Logie Awards that Elle and Joel giving up so soon into the competition was ‘unAustralian’ and ‘p**s poor’.

He told TV Tonight: ‘We had a 48-hour challenge to choose the house that you get and they scarpered after 48 hours. It’s something that’s never happened before.’

‘Forty-five thousand people applied to be on The Block and win life-changing money. These guys got on and they just couldn’t handle the pace after 48 hours,’ he continued.

‘Which to me is a bit unAustralian! Have a go! It’s p**s poor.’

'They didn't mention the sick mum to us. If they had said to us we need to go see my mum, of course family comes first. We would have flown them back to Adelaide and flown them back,' the long-time host said on Thursday

‘They didn’t mention the sick mum to us. If they had said to us we need to go see my mum, of course family comes first. We would have flown them back to Adelaide and flown them back,’ the long-time host said on Thursday

Scott reportedly told the other contestants Elle and Joel left because the renovation show wasn’t ‘on brand’ for them as Bondi influencers.

He also said they had complained ‘the toilet paper was too scratchy’.

The pair made the difficult decision to leave the Channel Nine show two days into filming in mid-April, after Joel’s mum suffered the nasty fall.

The former footy star’s mother reportedly broke her coccyx and fractured her wrist.

Scott went on to say Elle also insisted on bringing 'a lot of outfits' for filming, despite a strict dress code

Scott went on to say Elle also insisted on bringing ‘a lot of outfits’ for filming, despite a strict dress code 

According to reports at the time, they initially tried to stay on the show but left after they ‘couldn’t get a definitive answer’ from producers as to whether Joel could ‘come and go’ from the construction site in Gisborne to visit his ailing mother in Adelaide.

However, The Block’s executive producer Julian Cress has since disputed this, telling the Herald Sun that Joel and Elle ‘never’ made such a request.

Mr Cress added that The Block is always willing to accommodate teams during family emergencies, and once shut down production for an entire week in 2013 when the mother of one of the contestants fell ill.

Their exit from The Block will be a major storyline in the first few episodes of the new season, which premieres Sunday, August 7, on Channel Nine and 9Now. 

The pair made the difficult decision to leave the Channel Nine show two days into filming in mid-April, after Joel's mum suffered the nasty fall. The former footy star's mother reportedly broke her coccyx and fractured her wrist

The pair made the difficult decision to leave the Channel Nine show two days into filming in mid-April, after Joel’s mum suffered the nasty fall. The former footy star’s mother reportedly broke her coccyx and fractured her wrist 

Source

Related posts