Wildfire updates: Evacuation order lifted in Pleasant Grove fire, new fire in Santaquin – KSL.com

Sponsored Video
Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

PLEASANT GROVE — Residents were allowed to return to their homes Sunday afternoon after officials lifted the evacuation order remaining from the previous night after a fire threatened some homes.

Earlier Sunday, Pleasant Grove City Fire Department officials said no homes were currently threatened.

The Battle Creek 2 Fire began burning in Pleasant Grove near the foothills of 200 South on shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday night and homes along Battle Creek Canyon were evacuated, 34 of which remained evacuated as of Sunday morning.

Fire officials said they expect fire behavior to increase Sunday and initially said evacuations would likely remain in place until the evening. However, they were lifted at about noon, Toby Weed with the U.S. Forest Service confirmed.

In addition to the Forest Service, Utah County Fire and local city fire departments are helping to fight the fire.

All roads east of 1300 East between 200 South and Grove Creek Drive were closed to all traffic, except residents who have not been evacuated.

On Saturday night, the blaze was estimated to be between 20-50 acres, but by Sunday morning, state and federal fire officials reported through Utah Fire Info it was now estimated at 100 acres.

An American Red Cross evacuation center was set up at the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center that was closed just before 1 a.m. Sunday after officials said everyone had “been accounted for” and had a safe place to stay.

Pleasant Grove fire officials said a helicopter had been ordered to begin an air attack on the fire Sunday morning.

The fire’s movement slowed significantly and “remained in check” overnight, fire officials added.

Catch up on all the latest wildfire updates below.

Lauren Bennett

More stories you may be interested in

Source


Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Related posts