YouTuber Saundezy opens disposable HQD vape to see inside as Kerry Chant takes on e-cigarettes


Astonishing video shows what’s really inside your vape as top doctor Kerry Chant declares war on the popular product

  • A chilling video has revealed the scary contents of disposable vapes on sale
  • A YouTube star pulled apart two different vapes to discover their contents
  • Batteries and loose wires are connected to cotton wool soaked in chemicals
  •  A pipe carrying the smoke vapour was shown covered with a sooty ash residue
  • NSW Health has declared war on vape industry over cancerous chemical fears

A YouTube video star has revealed the dangers lurking inside disposable vapes as teenagers continue to take up the unhealthy fad and top doctors warn of its deadly consequences.

Sydney-born scooter superstar Kai Saunders posted a special video to his popular YouTube channel to highlight what’s inside cheap and widely available e-cigarettes.

He ripped apart two different vapes to reveal the gadgets were filled with potentially dangerous batteries and wires, singed cotton wool soaked in chemicals, and pipes choked with ashy residue.

‘Oh god! Look how gross that is,’ he said on the video. 

‘A lot of this s*** would be in your lungs. A lot of it would travel through into your lungs.’

A YouTube star revealed the dangers lurking inside the disposable vapes fad taking off among teens as top doctors warn of its deadly consequences

A YouTube star revealed the dangers lurking inside the disposable vapes fad taking off among teens as top doctors warn of its deadly consequences

NSW recently declared war on vaping, with more than $1million worth of illegal vapes and nicotine-laced vape juice seized in the state since January.

‘The harmful impacts of vaping on young people cannot be underestimated,’ warned NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant.

‘People think they are simply flavoured water but in reality, in many cases they are ingesting poisonous chemicals that can cause life threatening injuries.’ 

Vapes and vaping liquid with nicotine in it have only been available on prescription since October, but the law change hasn’t stopped smaller tobacconists and general stores from selling them.

And it is often specifically targeted at the youth market.

NSW chief helth officer Dr Kerry Chant has now declared war on vaping, with more than $1million worth of illegal vapes and nicotine-laced vape juice seized in the state since January

NSW chief helth officer Dr Kerry Chant has now declared war on vaping, with more than $1million worth of illegal vapes and nicotine-laced vape juice seized in the state since January

‘Among many young people, e-cigarettes or vapes have been considered safe and certainly safer than cigarettes,’ NSW Acting Chief Health Officer Marianne Gale said.

People often consider vapes harmless because of the sweet or fruity flavours, attractive packaging and their ‘vapour’ often perceived as water.

But the video by Saunders, 22 – known as Saundezy – lifted the lid on shonky throwaway vapes.

‘It started in America, where I know it was a big problem and now it’s made its way in the last few months to Australia,’ Saundezy said.

People often consider vapes harmless because of the sweet or fruity flavours, attractive packaging and their 'vapour' often perceived as water

People often consider vapes harmless because of the sweet or fruity flavours, attractive packaging and their ‘vapour’ often perceived as water

‘Now every single teenager and their dog is literally smoking these disposable vapes. They’re actually very, very bad for you. 

‘You might just think they’re cool, they’re fun – you get a bit of a nicotine hit, it’s all fun and games,…it’s just not harmful – but it is and you won’t know until it’s too late.’ 

Australia’s health department found vapes contained cancer-causing chemicals like formaldehyde (used to preserve dead bodies), acetaldehyde (used to create wood glue) and acrolein, which is used as weedkiller.

Other chemicals were discovered which also cause DNA damage.

Each vape contains bulky batteries that either contain potentially lethal battery acid if damaged and then inhaled, or lithium ion batteries which can burst into flames or even explode if pierced.

Sydney-born scooter superstar Kai Saunders ripped apart two different vapes to reveal the gadgets were filled with potentially dangerous batteries and wires

Sydney-born scooter superstar Kai Saunders ripped apart two different vapes to reveal the gadgets were filled with potentially dangerous batteries and wires

Thin wires connect them to a heating element which scorches a wad of cotton wool soaked in chemicals, causing it to boil and turn to burning gas which is then inhaled.

Despite not producing the tar of normal cigarettes, researchers believe vaping is still linked to an increased risk of lung disease, heart disease and cancer.

 ‘If you’re smoking any nicotine in a vape, it’s all bad,’ Saundezy said in his video. 

‘If you don’t smoke cigarettes, do not pick up a vape and start smoking it.’

He admitted he was now hooked on vaping himself after picking up the habit like many of his followers.

‘I’m actually quite addicted,’ he said. 

‘I’d say 60 or 70 per cent of my viewers are probably on these vapes or have tried them in the past.

‘If you want to be an athlete of any kind, you want your body to stay in tip top shape. This is not the way to do it, guys.’

He said he made the video to find out what was actually making the smoke come out the gadgets and into his lungs. 

‘I think it’d be really interesting to see what is inside these little disposable vapes,’ he said.

‘We want to know what is going into your lungs, what is making the smoke what you’re ingesting into your body, and all that kind of things.’

But he was horrified by what he found with unbranded batteries, loose wires and the soaking cotton wool that often delivered a mouthful of raw chemical liquid to users.

Unfurling the cotton wool revealed singe marks on parts of it where the heated central coil had scorched the material.

The video revealed the vapes had singed cotton wool soaked in chemicals, and pipes choked with ashy residue

The video revealed the vapes had singed cotton wool soaked in chemicals, and pipes choked with ashy residue

And breaking open the pipeline to the mouthpiece uncovered a sooty, dusty residue coating the tube.

He said the smell of the chemicals was overpowering as he dismantled two separate disposable vapes.

‘You’re literally sucking through battery juice and vape juice with nicotine in it through this dirty little coil,’ he said on the video.

‘It is not worth the risks. Hopefully you guys are surprised because this stuff is really gross.’

He added: ‘I’m sure a lot of you have been told the dangers of disposable vapes.

‘But I really hope hearing it from me and seeing us break them open and show what’s inside them might open your eyes a little bit more 

‘And you might rethink your decision of smoking these disposable vapes.’

Source

Related posts