Rupert Murdoch, 91, ‘is DIVORCING’ Jerry Hall, 65, after six years of marriage: Split is media mogul’s fourth divorce
- The New York Times is reporting that Murdoch and Hall are calling quits on their marriage, just over six years after they tied the knot in London in March 2016
- This will be Murdoch’s fourth divorce; prior to Hall, he was married to businesswoman Wendi Deng, with whom he has two daughters, Grace and Chloe
- Hall had not previously been married before tying the knot with Murdoch, however she was in a 22-year relationship with rocker Mick Jagger until 1999
- She had four children with Jagger: Elizabeth, James, Georgia May, and Gabriel
- Murdoch, who is the CEO and Chairman of News Corp, is worth $17.7 billion
Australian newspaper tycoon Rupert Murdoch is divorcing Jerry Hall after just six years of marriage, it was reported today.
This will be 91-year-old Murdoch’s fourth divorce, however Hall, 65, had never previously been married before tying the knot with the media titan in March 2016.
She was previously in a long-term relationship with Rolling Stones rocker Mick Jagger, with whom she shares four children, however the two never wed during their 22-year relationship.
Murdoch, who is worth $17.7 billion, has six children in total: daughter Prudence MacLeod with his first wife Patricia Booker, daughter Elisabeth and sons Lachlan and James with his second wife Anna Mann, and daughter Chloe and Grace, who he shares with his third wife Wendi Deng.
Details of Murdoch and Hall’s divorce have not yet been shared, however the couple do not share any children together.
Australian media titan Rupert Murdoch is said to be divorcing his fourth wife Jerry Hall after just six years of marriage
The pair tied the knot in London in March 2016 in a very low-key ceremony at Spencer House, which overlooks Green Park, after a whirlwind five-month romance.
At the time, the media tycoon expressed his joy over the union, tweeting shortly after the ceremony concluded that he would be taking a break from social media in order to enjoy newlywed life.
‘No more tweets for ten days or ever!’ he wrote. ‘Feel like the luckiest AND happiest man in world.’
The marriage was Hall’s first official walk down the aisle – although she and Jagger did have an unofficial marriage ceremony in Bali in 1990, however that was deemed void by the UK high court following their split.